Oz Extreme Geelong Snow Tours
Oz Extreme wants everyone to have a great time on the snow trips they organise.
To ensure the best snow trip possible there are a few terms and conditions that everyone needs to be aware of:
- Mt Buller Ski Lifts – Exclusion of Liability
- Mt Buller – Code of Conduct
- Mt Buller – Parent Consent Form
Make sure you also read through Oz Extreme’s Conditions of Carriage.
Oz Extreme tour operator’s role
- Upon your arrival at Oz Extreme your tour operator will check your name off the bus list and instruct you which bus you will be travelling on.
- Once we have departed your tour operator will pass along an emergency contact manifest for you to complete.
- At approximately 6.45am your tour operator will wake you for our designated breakfast stop at the Mansfield for 30 mins only and instruct you what time we will be continuing our trip (WITH or WITHOUT YOU).
- At approximately 8.45am upon arrival at Mt Buller your tour operator will instruct you what time you are to return to the bus at the end of the day and at what time we will be departing (WITH or WITHOUT YOU).
- Your tour operator will answer any questions you may have and direct you anywhere that you may need to be. e.g. Ski school etc.
- Upon our departure your tour operator will do a head count once all are aboard (excluding person or persons arriving back at the bus after 4.59pm SHARP). We will depart, and you will have to find you own way back home!!
- At approximately 7.15pm your tour operator will let you know that we are about to arrive at our designated dinner stop and instruct you what time we will be departing (WITH or WITHOUT YOU).
- For those person or persons that have hired gear from Oz Extreme upon our arrival back in Geelong you are to return your hire gear. Please do so in an orderly fashion. Your tour operator will give you instructions about returning your hire gear when you hire it.
The Company accepts no liability for lost or damaged luggage. The company recommends that sufficient luggage insurance be obtained. Limit of one equipment bag, and one small carry bag. You may also bring one pillow per person and one small blanket per person.
Alcohol, smoking and drugs
Australian Federal and State Government Regulations prohibit smoking, the consumption of alcohol and the conveyance or ingestion of illicit drugs on coaches. Passengers under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs will not be permitted to board the coach.
Persons behaving in a disruptive manner may be removed from the coach at the sole discretion of the Coach Captain or an Oz Extreme staff member.
Seat allocation requests are not guaranteed. You are to retain the same seat you travelled to Mt Buller in for the return trip home. If you sit in another person’s seat you will be asked to return to your original seat.
Passengers must check in 30 minutes prior to departure. Bus Departs at 4.00am SHARP, with or without you.
All minors under the age of 13 years must be accompanied by a chaperon aged 18 or over. A Parent/Guardian Authorisation form must be completed for all unaccompanied minors between 13 and 17 years of age. No children under the age of 4 years old, due to no nappy changing rooms or support for baby seats in the bus. Children 4 years and over will be charged the applicable child rate with a confirmed seat.
Travel insurance is highly recommended when making all travel arrangements.
The Company, and or their agents, will not be liable for any accident, injury or death or any passenger, nor loss or damage to personal effects or luggage, irrespective of the conditions from which such accident, injury, death; loss or damage may have arisen. The Company, and or its agents will not be responsible for any inconvenience, or loss occasioned to delays to services and additional cost of accommodation, transport and associated expenses and this includes adverse weather.
The Company, and or its agents reserve the right to cancel, vary or substitute any service in any way for any reason deemed necessary. The Company, and or its agents, reserve the right to refuse carriage of any person on any service and to remove any person from any service for any reason or in the interest of other passengers.
Refund policy on buses
All travel purchased on a Snow Bus Express with Oz Extreme is non-refundable. All bookings are final and neither transferable nor refundable under any circumstances (INCLUDING ILLNESS).
Refund policy on shop floor products, you also need to check your receipt
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
- Book with obvious signs of use
- CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
- Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Oz Extreme, Shop 4/147 Marshalltown Road, Grovedale VIC 3216, Australia.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Oz Extreme, Shop 4/147 Marshalltown Road, GROVEDALE VIC 3216, Australia
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Approved by McIntyre & Statton Lawyers.
Mt Buller Terms & Conditions
Schedule 4 – Assumption of risk waiver Buller holidays
Important – please read carefully
Exclusion of Liability – Waiver of right to sue – your assumption of risk – these conditions affect and restrict your legal rights!
Buller Holidays Pty Ltd (ACN 165 086 126), on its own behalf and as agent for Buller Ski Lifts Pty Ltd (ABN 25 153 985 829) (collectively the Supplier) offers you use of recreational services (Recreational Services) at the Mount Buller Alpine Resort (the Resort) on the terms and conditions (Conditions) set out in this notice. The Recreational Services are all services provided by the Supplier associated with the use of the snow slopes and the mountain for recreational activities including but not limited to skiing, snowboarding and sightseeing. The Recreational Services include, but are not limited to, the provision and operation of ski lifts, snowmaking, snow slope design, construction, maintenance and grooming, hazard assessment and mitigation, skiing and snowboarding lessons, equipment rental, retail products and the operation of the ski patrol. You may accept this offer by purchasing a BTag, ski lift access product, using a BTag, topping up a BTag, hiring equipment from the Supplier, purchasing or participating in lessons offered by the Supplier or using or making use of any of the Recreational Services. If you do any of these things, you have accepted this offer and are bound by the Conditions.
Purchase of BTag and daily access
1. You must purchase a BTag and ski lift access product for the days on which you wish to ski, snowboard or mountain bike at the Resort. Prices are displayed at the Resort and on the Supplier’s website. If you rent equipment or enrol or participate in skiing or snowboarding lessons, you must also pay the applicable price. Even if you fail to purchase a BTag or to pay an applicable fee, if you use any of the facilities at the Resort or make use of any of the Recreational Services, by such use you agree to and will be bound by these Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
2. The Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, are not liable to you, your dependents or legal representatives, for personal injury or death suffered by you due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty of the Supplier, including but not limited to any liability for Recreational Services not being rendered with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for any purpose which you made known, Day Tours Trade Agreement expressly or by implication, to the Supplier or because they failed to achieve any result reasonably expected by you which you, expressly or by implication, made known to the Supplier or for breach of any other consumer guarantee of the Australian Consumer Law (Vic) or of the Australian Consumer Law (Cth).
Risk warning and waiver to sue
3. You acknowledge that Recreational Services and associated recreational activities are dangerous with many risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury (including serious personal injury) and sometimes death can occur and you assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue the Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, for any personal injury or death suffered by you in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your use of such services or your participation in such activities.
4. You acknowledge that the Supplier strongly recommends that all skiers and snowboarders wear accredited helmets and recommends that all snowboarders wear wristguards.
5. WARNING: If you participate in these activities your rights to sue the Supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this sign.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in or on this sign, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the Supplier’s part. ‘Gross negligence’, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
6. You must comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code and all signs or other directions of the Supplier. It may suspend or cancel your BTag and access to Recreational Services at the Resort in its absolute discretion for non-compliance with the Code, these Conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
7. You must carry your BTag in or on your ski jacket at all times on the snow slopes which must be presented to the Supplier’s agent upon request. Day Tours Trade Agreement
8. No BTag or access product can be resold, transferred or altered in any manner. They are valid only for the dates purchased. The Supplier will not refund or replace any BTag if you suffer any illness or injury or if any lift service is not operating.
9. These Conditions may be varied from time to time. The variations will be displayed on signs at the Resort and posted on the Supplier’s Website.
10. These Conditions are to be governed by and construed first in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and secondly in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria. If there is any inconsistency, the laws of the Commonwealth prevail. The courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction. If any provision is determined to be void, illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain and continue to be valid, binding and enforceable.
11. The rental of all equipment by you from the Supplier is subject to these Conditions and to the more detailed conditions set out in the rental agreement you are required to sign. If there is any difference or inconsistency between the two sets of conditions, the conditions on the signed agreement shall prevail.
Purchases on behalf of another person and indemnity
12. If you purchase a BTag or access product or Recreational Service from the Supplier on behalf of another person, you make that purchase as the agent of that other person who is also bound by these Conditions and by using or making use of the Recreational Services such person acknowledges and agrees to the Conditions as if that person had read this sign and then made the purchase. You warrant that you have that person’s authority to so bind them unless you purchase a BTag or access product or Recreational Service from the Supplier on behalf a child (under 18 years) in which case you agree to fully indemnify the Supplier for all loss and damage it may suffer due to any legal proceedings being brought by or on behalf of that child against the Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, for any personal injury or death suffered by that child caused by or arising from his/her use of Recreational Services or participation in recreational activities.