What size snowboard should you get? We’ve all been there before. When it comes to snowboard sizing, forget the old “between your nose and chin” – that’s history. These days, it all comes down to riding style and personal preference. While there is no definitive formula to find the right snowboard size, sizing out a board…Read more
Snowboards, ski gear and ski clothing hire Geelong
If it’s snow-related, Oz Extreme has it!
Do a Size Fit out and it’s booked a week or a Month out it’s Booked it’s yours
It’s put in a BAG, for You so nothing falls OUT, it taged & ready to GO straight OUT the Door :):):)
We are your one-stop snow gear hire shop in Geelong. We have all your ski hire and snowboard hire. Unlike other snow gear hire shops we hire out top-shelf ski equipment and premium-brand ski clothing, Even up to Size 10XL in Jacket & Pants!!
At Oz Extreme we are so passionate about getting the whole family to the snow we have a huge range of adults’ and kids’ snow gear hire available at reasonable rates. There is no need to buy snow gear for the kids which they will outgrow by Next Season. You can hire the kids’ ski clothing and equipment from Oz Extreme.
At Oz Extreme there are some things we don’t hire for hygiene reasons. We will not hire out goggles, ski socks, gloves or mittens and thermal underwear, however we have them in-store for sale.
If you need advice on what to take or the equipment you will need for your snow trip, just talk to our friendly staff.
|Hire||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5th Day is Free||Extra Day|
|Attention snowboarders: it is highly recommended that wristguards be worn at all times when snowboarding|
|Snowboard, Bindings & Boots||$65.49||$99.46||$116.84||$138.96||FREE||$34.68|
|Skis, Poles & Boots||$65.49||$99.46||$116.84||$138.96||FREE||$24.95|
|Snowboard & Bindings Only||$46.95||$69.95||$79.95||$99.95||FREE||$24.95|
|Skis & Poles Only||$46.95||$69.95||$79.95||$99.95||FREE||$24.95|
|Snowboard Boots Only||$35.95||$55.95||$67.95||$75.95||FREE||$18.95|
|Ski Boots Only||$35.95||$55.95||$67.95||$75.95||FREE||$18.95|
|Jacket & Pants||$42.92||$59.46||$76.00||$92.54||FREE||$10.62|
|Jacket Or Pants||$25.95||$35.95||$45.95||$55.95||FREE||$15.95|
|Children 14 years and under||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5th Day is Free||Extra Day|
|Snowboard, Bindings & Boots||$46.62||$72.57||$90.74||$101.98||FREE||$22.46|
|Skis, Poles & Boots||$46.62||$72.57||$90.74||$101.98||FREE||$22.46|
|One Piece Suit||$27.95||$37.95||$47.95||$57.95||FREE||$10.95|
|Jacket & Pants||$35.61||$53.46||$71.31||$89.16||FREE||$10.62|
|Jacket Or Pants||$19.95||$29.95||$39.95||$49.95||FREE||$5.95|
|Accessories||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5th Day is Free||Extra Day|
|Snow Chains Car||$25.95||$39.95||$50.95||$60.95||FREE||$14.95|
|Snow Chains 4×4||$35.95||$49.95||$60.95||$70.95||FREE||$14.95|
|Insurance – Covers Base of Board, Skis & or Poles||$10.95||$19.95||$25.95||$31.95||FREE||$9.95|
For more information on our hire gear please click on the video below
Drive yourself to the snow
If driving to the snow is your thing, Oz Extreme has snow chains for hire to suit most vehicles
To hire a set of chains you must know what tyre size is on the driving wheels of your vehicle. The number is printed on the wall of the tyre and is a series of numbers e.g. 225/50 R 16.
The 225 indicates the width of the tyre, 50 is the profile/height of the tyre and the 16 stands for the rim diameter in inches. The letters in the tyre size are not required for ascertaining the appropriate chain size.
How to attach snow chains
Make sure you check out the snow report before you go!
Oz Extreme operates snow tours with transport by five-star luxury coach every weekend throughout the winter if you decide you would prefer to use your energy snowboarding rather than driving to the snow.
Equipment hire agreement
- All snow sports (snowboarding, skiing, tobogganing and snow chains) carry the risk of injury and damage to property.
- The risk of injury in snow sports is reduced but not eliminated by correct setting of bindings, the use of WRIST GUARDS and an APPROVED HELMET.
- Ski bindings are designed to release under load. The tension of bindings can and should be adjusted to reflect the experience of the user and the snow conditions to be encountered. Even when correctly fitted by an experienced technician, ski bindings are designed to release under load, which carries an inherent risk of injury for the user.
- Snowboards have bindings that DO NOT release under load, with the consequence that a user may suffer injury.
- Persons who are inexperienced in the use of snow sports equipment should obtain professional coaching as to the safe use of the equipment and should only use the equipment in areas certified as suitable for beginners.
- In consideration of your hiring the equipment to me. I agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- I enter into this agreement with you both personally and on behalf of and as the authorised agent of each user.
Accuracy of user particulars
- I certify that the particulars recorded on this document of the weight, age, experience and snowboarding/skiing ability of each user is complete and accurate. I understand and accept that you rely upon the accuracy of those particulars in determining the suitability of equipment to be hired and also determine the settings for bindings.
Use and return of equipment
- Both personally and on behalf of each user I agree that:
- I am fully responsible for the equipment during the term of this Equipment Hire Agreement;
- Before receiving the equipment from you I had the opportunity to personally examine it and found it to be in good order and condition;
- If I return the equipment after 5.30pm on the agreed return date I must pay an additional hiring charge, calculated at your daily rate. I authorise you to debit my credit card for any further such hiring charge.
- I understand that a security deposit of $1 will be taken from my account, to ensure provided details are valid, and may be used in case of loss or damage. The $1 does not cover loss or damage costs and I understand that the amount required for loss and/or damage will be billed to me and must be paid within 7 days of billing request, if amount is not paid I understand further action will be taken.
Damage to equipment
- If I do not return the equipment to you in the same condition as it was when I received it I agree to pay you the full retail cost of replacing the damaged equipment. In that circumstance both personally and on behalf of each user I authorise you to draw against any equipment security deposit provided by me. If I have paid for the hire of the equipment and/or the security deposit by credit card then I hereby authorise you to debit my credit card for the full retail cost of the damaged equipment. If the funds so available are insufficient I will immediately pay you the balance.
Loss of equipment
- I acknowledge that if I do not return the equipment or any part of it to you then I must pay you the full retail price of replacement equipment. For that purpose I authorise you to draw against my security deposit provided. If I have paid for the hire of the equipment by credit card then I also authorise you to debit my credit card for the full cost of the replacement equipment. If the funds so available are insufficient I will immediately pay you the balance.
Acknowledgement and acceptance of risk
- I have read and brought to the attention of each user the Important Notice. Both personally and on behalf of each user, I acknowledge that:
- Participation in snow sports, involving the equipment, carries the risk of serious injury or death and/or damage to the property;
- I have not relied upon any advice or representation by you regarding the suitability, safety or performance characteristics of the equipment; and
- I am medically fit to use the equipment and that a medical practitioner has recently certified me as fit to engage in snow sports.
Exclusion of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law. both personally and on behalf of each user:
- I release you and indemnify you against all liability including liability for negligence and all injury loss or damage arising out of or connected with the use of the equipment; and
- I indemnify you and agree to hold you harmless in respect to any claim howsoever arising for death, personal injury, loss and/or damage and/or property damage, loss or destruction.
- I agree that you are not obliged to make a refund to me in any circumstances whatsoever.
- This agreement constitutes my entire agreement with you. It supersedes any prior discussions or agree ment.
- The law in the State of Victoria governs our agreement. If we have a dispute it must be conducted in the Courts of the State of Victoria.
- In this equipment hire agreement:
- “Equipment” means the equipment supplied to users as particularised on this side of this document.
- “I” means the person named on this side of this document as the customer/hirer and also my heirs, executors, administrators or anyone else who might claim on my behalf.
- “Snow Sports” means, but is not limited to snowboarding, skiing, tobogganing and snow chains.
- “User” means each and all persons whose surname and initials are recorded on this side of this document;
- “You” means Oz Extreme ABN 44 151 895 175 and its servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns.
Approved by McIntyre & Statton Lawyers